Meeting new requirements for WA School Professionals
Trainings Now Available in Spanish
Under House Bill 1336, school nurses, school social workers, school psychologists, and school counselors must complete 3 hours of certified training on youth suicide screening and referral.
Networks for Life is a 3-hour certified training for school staff. It discusses the professional's and the institution's role in youth suicide prevention, intervention, and post-vention (what to do after a youth suicide).
Accolades for Networks for Life:
- Approved by Washington State to meet House Bill 1336’s certification requirement in youth suicide screening and referral.
- Recognized by the Suicide Prevention Resource Center's Best Practice Registry.
- Policies and procedures
- Skills to identify, explore, and intervene in signs of suicidal thinking
- Communicating with students' families about depression and suicide
- Laws and ethics around confidentiality and reporting
- How to support other youth after a suicide loss
How to schedule:
Would you like to schedule a training for your school or group? Fill out our Training Request Form and we'll schedule something as soon as possible.