A 1 to 3 hour training for school staff and teachers, community partners, and families.
The desired outcomes are:
- Be able to define bullying and bias based harassment and who’s involved in the behaviors
- Identify the relationship between bullying and bias based harassment & negative mental health outcomes
- Identify negative emotions associated with these experiences-for the bully, the target, and the bystander
- Understand the risks LGBTQ youth face
- Recognize protective factors against bullying and bias based harassment
- Recognize the warning signs for suicide
- Demonstrate the intervention strategies of show you care, ask the question and go for help
- Understand what schools, families, and community partners can do to prevent and intervene in bullying incidents:
- This section is broken down into 3 different presentations focused on the target audience of either schools, families, or community partners
- Identify resources for help at school and in the community
For more information and to arrange training, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.